Great Meals On A Tight Schedule: Boomin’ Broccoli, Cheese, Chicken, & Rice Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links.
If you’re anything like I used to be, you probably don’t have time to prepare gourmet meals every night. So, I’ve come up with a quite a few crafty ways for you to make home-cooked meals within an hour. The great part about this dish is that you can prepare it and freeze it a few days before baking it. So, it could work out great for those with a busy schedule!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Broccoli Cuts (16oz fresh or frozen)
- 2 Cups of Original, Shredded Velveeta Cheese
- 2 Cups of Shredded Sharp Cheese
- 1 Large Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Half Pint of Heavy Whipping Cream
- Half Stick of Challenge Butter
- 1 Teaspoon of Celery Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Cajun seasoning blend
- 1 Pound of Skinless Chicken Breast
- 3 Cups of Uncooked Rice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Chop the skinless chicken breast into cubed pieces. Add cooking spray to a skillet. Lightly season the chicken and saute until brown.
- Pour the cream of mushroom soup, heavy whipping cream and butter into a pot. Allow the ingredients to melt.
- Add the 2 cups of shredded Velveeta cheese and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add 1 teaspoon of celery salt and seasoning blend to taste. Stir all ingredients until well blended.
- Add 16oz of broccoli.
- One by one, add 1 cup of uncooked rice. Stir each cup in until well blended.
- Spray cooking spray into a pan and pour the blended ingredients.
- Sprinkle a cup of shredded cheese on top.
- Place pan in the oven and allow it to bake for 30 minutes or until the top layer of cheese has baked.
If you’re really pressed for time, there are a few ways to avoid grocery shopping if you plan ahead. You can check out the Amazon Prime Panty and order many of the items online. They can be delivered to your front door in as little as two days.
The good part about Amazon Prime Pantry is that shipping is included. So, not only is it convenient, but it’s cost-efficient and rather fast.