DIY Homemade Vanilla Extract That Will Change Your Life!
Of course, everything under the sun is available in stores. But, you may find that you can get better quality if you just do it yourself. As someone who absolutely loves baking, I enjoy making great desserts from scratch. One ingredient I often need for almost everything I bake is vanilla extract. So it definitely doesn’t take long for me to go through a whole bottle. Time and time again, I’ve bought bottle after bottle. Eventually, I got tired of constantly replacing those small bottles so I set out on a quest to make my own. It was a great decision. Not only is it easy to make but I was also able to cut cost and make enough to last for months at a time.
Here’s What I Used:
- 6 Vanilla Beans
- 2 Cups of Vanilla Vodka
- Glass Jar with a Tight Lid
- Using a sharp knife, cut each vanilla bean lengthwise down the center. Please do not dice the beans into pieces. You’ll need the beans inside. Here’s how they look:
2. Place the vanilla beans in the glass jar.
3. Add two cups of Vanilla Vodka to the vanilla beans.
4. Top up the glass jar and set it aside. Ingredients should sit for at least a month, but I prefer 2 to 3 months.
Things To Consider:
Although this is a relatively simple recipe, the waiting game can be a bit annoying. So, if you need a quick fix, you’ll probably do better heading to the grocery store. But if you’re willing to give it some time, it’ll definitely be worth it. Happy baking!