Easy Kick-Ass Homemade Hamburgers With An Awesome Secret Ingredient
When it comes to making homemade hamburgers, everyone probably knows the basics: a couple pounds of ground beef and a dash of salt and pepper. Great… That recipe may be an easy, no-brainer but it doesn’t mean the burger will taste great. So, over the years, I watched my mom try a few things and tip she implemented made all the difference in the world. One simple ingredient turned out to be a major game changer and I’m sure you’ll love it!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Pounds of Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise ( I Personally use Blue Plate but the brand isn’t a big deal)
- 1 Cup of Chopped Onions
- 4 Tablespoons of Seasoning (It may seem like a lot but the thickness of the ground beef cuts the seasoning quite a bit)
- Optional Ingredient – Liquid Smoke (I use liquid smoke when I want the hickory smoked flavor but don’t have time to fire up the grill)
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef, seasoning, and chopped onions.
- Stir all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the mayonnaise to the mixture. Stir until mayonnaise is well blended.
- If you are using liquid smoke, add 1/4 of a cup to the mixture and stir thoroughly.
- With your hands, shape the ground beef into burger patties. Although the mixture typically makes about 8 large burger patties, you can probably make approximately 10 depending on the size you desire. If you’re making burger sliders, you can probably make about 20 patties.
- Grill or broil the burgers until they are well cooked in the center.
***Smart Tip :: Freezing your patties is also a good idea if you’d like to have a great go-to meal on a day when you’re pressed for time.